Thursday, May 30, 2013

Whoa! Wednesday Almost Slipped Past Me!



1. What question do you often ask yourself?

I wonder if I can get away with eating this cookie?

2. Do you grow roses? What's your favorite color of rose?  Ever been given a dozen roses?  Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?

Lots of Rose questions...  I have two rose bushes. My favorite would be yellow (bright). My husband gave me a dozen roses just once. Prettiest rose garden? Would have to be at Yaddow Gardens in Saratoga Springs, NY. 

3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products?  Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date?  Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can?  

I always read the freshness date ... especially for milk.  I never shy away from "expried" anything!  Topical medicine is good, in my book, way past the "use by" date. Medicine taken orally, needs to be no older than 1 year.  Eggs are fine well past their date and dented cans are ok if there is absolutely NO rust and no swelling.

4. Should athletes be role models?

All people in the public view should be role models.

5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?

Oh, my.  It's too late at night to seriously think about goals.  However, I love the idea of role models from a previous question, and I sincerely hope that I have been a positive role model (and will continue) for not only my own children, but the children I've worked with at school and through church.  You're never too old and it's NEVER too lat for that!

6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?

Well, we just had to give up the idea of acquiring an additional 11 acres which would have brought our total acreage up to about 24.  We already have a small Christmas Tree farm, and would probably have kept the additional acreage pretty much wild ... a place for the wild to roam and the curious to walk and take pictures. It would be something nice to leave our children.

7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?

7PM  (unless you need help, and then I'll come earlier!)

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I can't believe how tired I am.  Managed to get 8 hours of yard-work done before it rained .. AGAIN!  The lawn and flower beds will be beautiful in a few weeks and that will be my reward!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

My yard needs attention, but the weather has not cooperated. I don't even have my patio pots planted. Hoping to get something done this weekend, but we have some stuff on the calendar so we'll see.

Have a great weekend!