Monday, May 11, 2015

Late! Late! Late!



1. What's a phrase your mother often said to you? If you're a parent, is this something you now say to your own children?

I love you :-)    Yes, I do!

2. What is a scent you associate with your mother or your childhood home?
Lots of them... starting with her home-made crullers, bread, zest soap, clothes hung outside on the line, and her perfumes:  Evening in Paris, Windsong, Topaz, Chantilly Lace. 

3. What's an activity you remember always doing with your mother (or someone who was a mother figure in your life)?
We walked a lot... sometimes into the woods and down to the brook for a picnic or through fields looking for strawberries. We also walked the 3 miles to my dad's diner... just in time for a quick bite to eat and then he would drive us home.

4. Flared jeans, maxi dresses, and jumpsuits are 70's fashion trends back this spring. Are you on board? Which trend would you be most inclined to try? For the men...flared corduroys, wide-collared shirts, and floral prints...what say you?

Uh, no... I'm not a trend setter nor a trend follower. I find a style that fits and stick with it for YEARS!  Maxi Dress?  I don't think I remember them from the 70's.. but they sound comfortable and conservative, so maybe I would look into them...   and my man is NOT wearing any of the above men's fashions!

5. May 6th is Teacher Appreciation Day and also Nurse Appreciation Day. Is there a nurse or teacher  you have especially appreciated along the way? Tell us why?

I work with many first rate teachers... but thinking back on my childhood, one of them stands out above all the others and that would be Miss Spaulding, my 4th grade teacher.  She had such fun projects and I learned more about nature from her than my own mom and that 's doing some!  She came to my graduation, too :-)

6. If I came by your house, what would I find on your frig door?

Lots of magnets...some with pictures and LOTS of those little words that you can make sentences with.

7. Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana made her royal entrance on Saturday, May 2nd. On a scale of 1-10, how much attention did you give to all the news coverage? 1=Who's Charlotte? 10=sat glued to the telly, cuppa in hand.

Oh, about a 5.  She is a darling baby and I love her name.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

My mom and me making pop corn. I miss her very much. 

No comments: