Thursday, September 24, 2015

"'15 Minutes Late, means... I'm Early' Hodgpodge"




1. What have you 'fallen for' recently?

Old jokes. I listen attentively and laugh... but they are SO OLD!  Kindergarteners ... gotta love em!

2. What's something you're 'squirreling away' for later?

Books.  Liz Curtis Higgs will rescue me this winter and so will Suzanne Woods Fisher

3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall...how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What's your favorite variety?

I like my apples cold, crisp and sweet/tart.  I'll eat them daily if my digestive tract would allow... whole, sliced, cinnamon sugared, peanut buttered, cidered, baked into a pie, cobbler, crisp or 'pudding.'   Favorite? Oooooo.h...  Mom's Apple Crisp.  so simple. Slice a bunch of them (at least 4 big ones), add dots of butter, cinnamon, sugar and 1 C water. Topping is  1/4 C hard butter, 1 C flour  1/2 C white sugar all cut up together and sprinkled on top. Bake for about 45 min to an hour at 350.  Change the proportions as you wish but don't use too much butter....

4. According to Fodor's the ten best fall foliage trips in the US of A are-Aspen ColoradoThe Catskills New York, The Berkshires Massachusetts, Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Green Mountain Byway Vermont, Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway New Mexico, Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, and Glacier National Park Montana. Which would you most like to visit this fall and why?

I grew up in the Catskills. My husband grew up near the Berkshires. We went to Vermont by motorcycle a few years ago. We've been to the Great Smoky Mts in October.  I guess this makes me privileged! I'd like to do them all gain and add Glacier National Park in Montana!

5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let's wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalize marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?

Let the pharmaceutical companies market it as medicine and have it prescribed by doctors.  Recreational? NO WAY!  We have enough problems with it as an illegal drug. More people will fee it is their choice to drive while under the influence just like they do know with alcohol.  At least for the moment, most people don't want to risk getting caught driving while high...


6. Are you okay to watch a movie already in progress or do you need to always see it from the beginning? How about jumping into a TV series somewhere in the middle? Is that okay?

Ehhhh...  Some movies are easier to get into than others but lately, I haven't seen any that I'd care to watch.  Middle of a series... maybe... if there hasn't been too much elapsed time.   Middle might be too far for me.

7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most? 

Too many exclamation points in one paragraph!  HAHA!   It bugs me when people misuse the apostrophe in possessives or in plurals when that is simply not appropriate to begin with!  Ooops!  Sorry! (Gosh, I did it again!) 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

How I hate covering the pool for winter... I wish I could keep it open all year; but then we would need ice skates  :-(      HOWEVER, next year, we are getting an in-ground pool so I will put on a happy face  and be content to wait 7 long months... 






No comments: