Saturday, November 7, 2015

First Week of November and No Snow :-)



There have been Novembers that had more snow than December, but apparently this is not one of them and that is fine with me! I'd like some snow flurries, though and maybe a 'snow squall.'   While we were on vacation in TN, there was some snow that stuck to the ground here at home, but.. October?  NO.. No thank you! 


1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you're looking forward to on your November calendar?
Oh, did I mention 'snow squalls?'  Can't quite put them on the calendar, though.  So, on my calendar, I'd have to say my 3 days of substitute teaching in Pre Kindergarten!

2.  If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
Auntie Babs for giving us peanuts from Virginia. She's awesome like that! 

3. Of the breads listed, which one's your favorite...bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?

Yikes! Sourdough and cinnamon. I could never choose between the two!

4. What's something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?

In abundance that is a good thing?... Well, that narrows it down!  Let's see.  Carrots. Lots of carrots from my garden that will go on the table this winter in stews, soups and just plain cooked (in water with a teaspoon of maple syrup.)

5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who's your favorite redhead?
Until I had children, there seemed to be a rule in my family that if a brunette married a blond, they would have at least 1 red headed kid.  My cousin Millie had 3 out of 4 with red hair! My cousin Barb had 1 out of 3. I had none. BUT one of them has a red beard :-)   There are too many to call a favorite...   

6.  The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state's #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.

In NY it is the Empire State Building.  I'm ok with that. I lived in the city for a few years and even took a picture of the front of the building.  My husband worked in the World Trade Center (back in the 80's) and I have pics of that as well. I think the Empire State Building was more photogenic with all the other sky scrapers clustered around it. I would think that Niagara Falls (photographed from the Canadian side) would be a close 2nd.  Also, Letchworth State Park would make a great #3.

7. I'm going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here's this week's question-

What's something you've learned about yourself this year that you're grateful for?

At 63, I'm not finding many things about myself that I don't already know... I have figured out the "trigger points" that make me dizzy (positional vertigo) and manage to avoid them when it strikes. Seems to come every fall but now that I know how to manage it, I'm doing really well.  Years ago, the meds the doctor gave me to "help" made it worse! I'm very grateful for being able to manage it on my own as others I know are much worse off. 

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

I'm thinking that soon our Christmas Tree Farm will be alive with families tagging, cutting and just having fun: 
  


No comments: