Wednesday, April 23, 2014
1. April 22nd is Earth Day. Are you inspired by nature? In what way?
I am inspired by God, our Creator of all things! He has done such marvelous work through nature and it amazes me to watch wildlife and I love to gaze over open fields and watch the wind blow through whatever is growing there. I love the colors that blend and contrast with all that God has created and yes, it does inspire me, sometimes to write poetry, other times to capture something with my camera. Other times it inspires me to slow down and rest.
2. Down to earth, four corners of the earth, move heaven and earth, not have an earthly chance, or salt of the earth...which earthly idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
"Down to earth", I think - that pretty much sums up my life here on the Christmas Tree Farm. We are plain and simple in our everyday lives by the world's standards, and that's the way we like it!
3. Share one piece of advice you might give a newly engaged couple.
Don't wait until you "can afford" to get married. If marriage is your plan, then plan to get married! Your wedding day is important but it should reflect who you are and how you live, right now. Lavish, expensive weddings set a standard of living that often can't be met and couples are left wishing they could live the life their wedding day appeared to be instead of celebrating the love that brought them together.
4. When did you last engage someone to perform a job, task, service, home repair, or improvement? On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best) how would you rate their work and/or your satisfaction with the job or service provided?
We only choose reputable people to do work for us and it has been a very long time since we needed work that couldn't be done by us. However, it was major work in that most of the inside of our house had to be rebuilt because of flooding. We were blessed to have our insurance pay for it and I'm happy to say that we would give our builders a #9 on their work!
5. When did you last find yourself engaged in small talk? Are you awkward or an expert or somewhere in between?
"Small talk" is one of those weird expressions! I pretty much don't engage in it as I either have something to say or I don't. When I find someone to converse with, we talk forever :-) I guess I'm more of a listener, to start, but then... :-)
6. What was the last historic place you visited?
Well, we tried to visit lots of places on our big trip last fall, but the government turned us away all along the coast of North Carolina :-( We did manage to visit Currituck Light and the restored area on the Outer Banks of NC. We also got to visit the area where the Wright Brothers made their first flight.
7. The world would be a better place if we just__________________________.
As a world, turned back to the Lord, placing him at the head of each of our houses and kept Him there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We love finding interesting stuff wherever we walk and this piece of 'sea creature' was on the beach in Virginia. It kind of looks like a piece of starfish, but I'm not sure and it was the only piece we found. Anyone have any clues?