Wednesday, November 19, 2014
1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?
Good weather! When it's here I take it for granted and when it's missing ... I really miss it... I'm not partial to soaking rains/with wet heavy snow that takes out our power; not even for 10 minutes! I was pretty happy to blow out all the candles and have the lights and heat come back on. Now, good weather 'could' be a snow storm ... but the kind that piles nicely and packs well so we can go out to play :-)
2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?
Brown is fine; not my favorite but many other colors blend nicely with it so it is in my wardrobe. I prefer a deep chocolate brown color. In fact, I prefer chocolate :-) I also have a pair of (chocolate) brown corduroy slacks that are warm and perfect for chilly days.
3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
Well today is almost over, but this morning I was looking forward to substitute teaching - art class, today. I have been sick for a few days and this was my first assignment all week. It was lots of fun and the kids were great!
4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?
I've never cared for the word "feminist" or "feminism." I found (and still do) the women involved in organizations like "NOW" and others to be loud, selfish, and self righteous... perhaps time has helped temper their attitude. There was a time back in the 70's where a man would refuse to open or hold a door for a woman... would ignore normal 'niceties' and thankfully those days are past. I would rather be considered "feminine" - as in lovely, proper (mostly), and the gentler half of the keeper of our home.
5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?
I absolutely CAN NOT eat anything like spaghetti, vermicelli, or angel hair pasta without making a mess. Eating it in public is a real embarrassment for me and if given a choice, I will choose penne'.
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?
Hard one... let me think. A little gift... a friend of mine let me borrow a series of books and on the very top, she had a lovely brass bookmark. She said she had several just like them and wanted me to have one. I thought that was very thoughtful of her! I made an apple pudding for my son, daughter-in-love and granddaughter just because I love them.
7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpEbQGsPqHE "For the Beauty of the Earth"
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Frozen rain from a few years ago on our Christmas trees in our back yard. Amazes me each time! Of course, they have to thaw and dry out a bit before we can cut and sell them, but in the meantime... :-)