Saturday, July 4, 2015
1. On Saturday July 4th America celebrates her Independence. (If you're not American, feel free to answer in terms of a national holiday in your own country) What is your favorite thing about the day? Your favorite food on the 4th? Do you fly a flag at your house? Fireworks-yay or nay? Any special plans this year?
A friend's funeral is this afternoon .. she is FREE, now :-) Praise the Lord! We also have a concert and dinner to attend this evening. I believe it is Steak Night. Howeer, as a family, we like eating hamburgers, hot dogs, mac and potato salads, baked beans... and eat ice cream! Favorite thing about the day... remembering why we have the holiday to begin with. Our country declaring their independence. May we always be free and remember the cost. I love a good fireworks display and usually have 3 to choose from in our area but we missed last night, can't go tonight, so we hope for tomorrow night!.
2. What's something you recently got for free?
Buy one, get one free.... I think it was pasta.....
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why?
I've seen the Statue of Liberty from a distance, and have also been on the grounds of the Washington Monument. I would like to visit the others and even more. Favorite monument? It's actually a memorial.. the one for WW2 in Washington, D.C.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?
I watch or listen to the news each day so I have an idea of what's going on in the world. If I miss it.. no biggie. I pay attention to ISIS in that I pray for those whom they persecute. Such an awful blight on our civilization... but God is not surprised.
5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.
Chocolate...plain and simple *love*
6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title?,
A folk rendering of "Star Light, Star Bright" ... Peter, Paul and Mary, I think
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic.
Joy in having a birthday
Un-ending cool weather *sigh*
Now for REAL summer
Everybody into the pool!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Where I spend my mornings