It's that time of week, again! Thank you, Joyce :-)
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
The last time I faced the ocean was back in October; Ocean City, MD. One word? small
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Children wheezing with asthma; very loud claps of thunder; sirens at night.
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I do a little bit of both. Sometimes, I am just not in the mood for trying on, so I hold it up and try to judge. I can get away with this for tops but usually not bottoms. A couple of weeks ago, I got away with both!
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
Munch, munch, munch; salted and right out of the shell! I don't like pistachio ice cream, though.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
If you're married, then you have compromised! Probably it was vacation details...do we stay in a cheap hotel where we get points or try a new place that looks great online? (last week) We were both happy! However, what type of new living room sofa do we buy? (two weeks ago) Two big stores but couldn't find "my" color, but we really couldn't wait much longer! Honey liked the reclining sofa in the color tomato red and I was ok with it. But now we'll have to get a new rug, new curtains (already on the list) and 2 end tables :-)
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I wrote to my state representative regarding the closure of a hospital; the only hospital in the county (where there are two ski areas and a major interstate highway.) The county to the west also had their hospital close 10 years before. He was very concerned and shared my sentiments but supposedly the #'s spoke for themselves, but that is another story.... He's a nice guy, though, and we're facebook friends.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
My next encounter with an ocean :-) See? I'm smiling already! We're headed to the east coast for about a week, taking in the boardwalks on Virginia Beach, VA and and Ocean City, MD. If the extended forecast does not look warm enough to us, we'll head for Myrtle Beach, SC instead.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Can't wait to find the first peek of springtime! We'll spend about 7 - 9 days enjoying the ocean, some family and friends:
From this ...