Thursday, March 6, 2008

March Comes in Like a Lion

"If March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb." My mom always said this and I believed her implicitly! I have not done the research to find out where this saying originated, but as I grew older, I realized that a whole lot more people besides my mom shared this saying ... one that seemed to prove more right than wrong! But then again, this is spring for you ... the snow and winds of winter seem to give their last hurrah in March then make way for those milder temperatures, often accompanied by rain ... but that's ok! We need the rain to soften the earth for nature's seeds to germinate and grow. Who but our clever God could arrange such a transformation we call "nature" on His own earth! Yet, we plant and cultivate and water and prune and step back and say to ourselves (and maybe to others,) "Just look at MY garden! Isn't it pretty?" MY ... just two letters and yet it can bring to mind the selfishness that creeps into our souls if we are not careful ... not prayerful. I'm speaking from experience, here :-)

So, here's to God's Garden! Be it flowers and vegetables ... or our creative and intelligent brains where God continues to plant seeds, I have to remember to give Him the glory! Now, I have to get busy and begin planting the little vegetable and flower seedlings so I can watch God work on the outside... while he works on the inside! GO GOD!

1 comment:

Barbara Joyce said...

Peggy! My first comment on your blog! I always say GOD made everything in my garden and HE just lets me keep re-arranging it !