Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mr. Groundhog


Oh, what will he do
on the 2nd day
of the month with the fewest days?

Will he scurry right out
and give a big shout
to frighten his shaddow away?

Will he peek o'er the edge
of his hole in the ground
and look to see if it's clear?

Will he blink and look tired
or be bouncing and wired
and start running as fast as a deer? (I doubt it.)

Well, today is no problem
as the skies have snow in them

so pop up and party away

From morning til noon
but remember this June,
from my garden stay far away!

2 comments:

Pamela De Leon said...

I love this...and the pictures. The mention of your garden warmed me up!

Peggy said...

Hi Pam! I had to log on twice to actually get on today ... no clue.

Thanks for visiting and letting me know. I never know if anyone reads my blog 'cause they seldom stop to say "Hi!"

Snow, sleet AND freezing rain for today and tonight ... I can just taste my scallions, tomatoes and peppers! ( and corn, and carrots and radishes)