Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It might be 11:00 PM but it's not too late for ....



1.  Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake?  Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers? 

Snakes only give me the shivers when they slither up my leg; happened once upon a time when I was about 14 years old.  Never felt it til it got past my sock....  I let a scream out of me and shook my leg so hard the snake flew off and landed across the road, bouncing once.  I didn't stick around to see if it even survived the landing.  Last time I saw a snake was autumn of 2010. It was curled up in the sun near a bale of hay. I left it alone and it left me alone, as well!

2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck.  Do you believe in luck? 

No. I believe all things happen for and with a purpose. 

3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose?  Which of the three have you done most recently?  

Not enough snow this year, yet, but a Snowman would be 1st on my list. It doesn't take a lot of time to make and lasts a long time ... unless there is an early spring.  Sledding is a VERY close 2nd. I've been known to just whip out our grandkids' saucer and take it for a spin down the hill by our house! You are never too old for sledding :-)  Ice skating was always a favorite but I'm a bit afraid of falling. 
 
4.  Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew."  Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?  

I suppose lots of places, but mostly in parenthood...somewhere along the line I learned how to be a parent. One year led to another and the next thing I knew, the kids were grown up and there wouldn't be any more;  Which was too bad, because I finally had it all figured out :-) 

5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?  

Right after Christmas. My daughter-in-love, Kristen, makes the BEST cupcakes! 

6. What's something you can't say no to?

I can't say "No." to the grace and mercy provided me by God through Jesus Christ!  I also can't say "No." if Bill wants to go out to dinner! 

7.  Are you a doodler?  

I'm a bit of a doodler but not very artistic. I used to doodle more when I was a kid.  Incidentally, my nickname as a little child was "Doodles" but it had nothing to do with drawing and everything to do with another child not being able to say my name! 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  
We're finally getting a snow storm! That's what the weatherman says :-)  I love snow and except for about 8 inches back in December and some little 1 and 2 inch squalls lately, we have had nothing to blog about!  They say at least 9 inches ... I'm hoping for a bit more. I hope my back yard and my granddaughter looks like this: 




1 comment:

Joyce said...

I'm in blizzard territory too...they are saying the wind is going to be ferocious which puts me off going outside. Maybe once it has passed we'll get out and make a snowman. I haven't in years, but readin the Hodgepodge this week has me wanting to get outside and do that. Stay warm!