Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hodgepodge Right on Time!


1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around?

I like to think I am a good influence.  Working with children in school; teaching a class at Bible Club in church; being a deaconess in the same church; working with kids at Bible camp each summer affords me the godly privilege to change our world, one child/one woman at a time.  

2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.

We have several tape measures, from huge ones in the kitchen and hidden somewhere by my husband out in the garage, to a little one rolled up in my sewing basket.  They never seem to be where they belong when I want one!  The last time I used a tape measure was to measure a window that needs a window box. It was not my tape measure, but a friend's. She keeps one in her pocket book. Smart girl!

I am SO blessed beyond measure, I could never choose just one way.  From my marriage to parenthood, grandparenthood, teacher, fellowship of other Christians...   God is so good!  

Luke 6:38 - (ESV) Give and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap.  For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."


3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why?

Narnia!  I want to view the movie, aerially. Except for the beginning as they climb through the wardrobe. Then I have to be able to be in two places at the same time: in the room with the wardrobe and standing at the lamppost in Narnia :-)

4. Where and when do you get your best ideas?

Usually at home after a long nap. Not kidding! 

5.  So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good?

Not much time for TV... occasional re re-runs of:  The Middle.  The Waltons.  Little House on the Prairie. 

6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.

Just used "Knee high by the Fourth of July" to describe my corn... well, actually, what I said was:  "My corn is thigh high by the Fourth of July, the weeds are knee high... SIGH!"   The "Don't swim...."  adage we have changed to about 15 minutes. Haven't lost anyone, yet!  "Dog days of summer" reminds me of my growing up years near the Green County NY Catskill Mountains.  You would think it would be cooler there... but those mountains would hold in the heat and humidity like nobody's business!  Now, that said, I found out a few years ago that "Dog days of summer" actually refer to those days in July and August, usually hot and humid, when Sirius the Dog Star rises along with the sun.

7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned.

Let others speak first. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

He flew right into my field of vision as I was trying to zoom in on some flowers...  So glad for auto focus!


1 comment:

Mama Squirrel said...

Weeds knee high...takes me back to a summer about forty years ago when we had a garden shared with extended family, and a long hot season of weeding, weeding, weeding. I think that was also the summer my mother first grew zucchini. 'Nuff said.