Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Wild and Windy Hodgepodge




1. Share one favorite moment/memory from your Christmas holiday. 

Watching the faces of the children in the youth choir at church on Christmas Eve. They had so much fun! 

2. What was the best thing you ate over the holidays? Was it homemade or store bought? If it was homemade did you make it?

The best?  Tough one! So much was good...  I'm sure it was a homemade cookie... not made by me. 

3. What was one of the most beautiful things you saw over the holidays?

A whole bunch of little angels all in costume, waiting patiently for the program to start.  All colors, all races. Love my church!

4. What does fresh start mean to you?

Waking up each morning. 

5. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very positive and 1 being not so great) how would you rate 2016 in terms of personal achievement and well being? Explain. 

Actually, a 10.  We had some tough days, but God is always faithful and even though patience is not one of my traits, He knows how to deal with me.  2016 ended quietly and on a positive note. 

6. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse, or just general uselessness. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen or, if you're like me, to find out what in the world the word or phrase even means or the context in which it's used. There were quite a few on this year's list I'd never heard before.

Here's the 2017 list of banished words-

You, Sir-focus-Bete Noire-Town Hall Meeting-Post Truth-guesstimate-831-historic-manicured-echo chamber-on fleek-bigly-ghost-Dadbod-listicle-get your dander up-selfie drone-frankenfruit-disruption

Which word on the list would you most like to see banished in 2017? What word or phrase would you add to the list?

To keep in what appears to be a bit of humor, I would say "bigly" should be banished and never should have showed up to begin with!   I would add "enjoy" as in when we are seated for dinner and the waiter/waitress bring our entre', saying simply, "Enjoy."   What? Can't you complete the sentence?  "Enjoy your dinner."   and this ties with the phrase:  "Have a good one."    One?  Do you mean, "Day?" "Experience with what I just purchased?  OK, I know I'm getting carried away, but it's my blog. HAHA!  And you read it this far...   :-)
7. Large or small, light or deep, share with us one goal you have for the new year. 

I haven't really made any new ones. Keeping some old ones, like losing weight, slowly. Eating a bit healthier, but not too much. Reading my Bible a little more regularly and studying, too. Finishing books I've started. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

The campaign for US President is over. One candidate lost, the other won.  We need to be praying (if you pray) for our country, our new president and his family and the choices that are made for his cabinet... just like we prayed 4 years ago, 4 years before that, etc.  Just because some of you/us did not get our way  does not give license to be disrespectful to the office he will be holding.  There is too much at stake to be whine babies over something that has already been decided.  Let's get on with living and learning.   And this is the LAST political speech I make! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely said Peggy (regarding the political stuff). I think you've got it RIGHT! Let's pray!