Wednesday, December 1, 2021

From this Side of the Pond

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

1. When it comes to gift giving are you more of a 'create something from scratch' or a 'buy something in a shop' kind of giver? Tell about a favorite homemade gift you've given or one you've received.  

I fancy myself as a creative gift giver, however it has been years since I have done anything like that! I enjoy gift stores and places like Hobby Lobby however I am more inclined these days to find out what gift my friend or family member would like. My favorite, all time, gift is a darling "Grammy Doll" created by my niece (who is old enough to be my sister) out of a large dishwasher detergent bottle, stuffing clothing, embroidered eyes, tiny brass wire "glasses", carrying a basket of tiny wrapped presents and a teeny tiny sewn and stuffed felt teddy bear... about 2 inches long!  NO ONE can top that homemade gift!

2. Do you have the 'gift of gab'? Is that a blessing or a curse? 

People say I have the gift of gab, and perhaps it is true, but I seldom start the conversation. I'm shy but no one believes me because I'm not quiet, evidently! 

3. What's something you have going on that you need/want to 'wrap up' this month? 

Organizing my bedroom. End of story. 

4. A food you love that is 'wrapped' in some way?

Ooooh!  Let me think ...   scallops wrapped in bacon!  

5. December is upon us...share something here (quote, verse, poem, song lyric, your own thoughts) related to the word hope. 

There are so many Bible verses with 'hope'. This one came to mind, first:    Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior, Jesus Christ.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The view from my kitchen window in late December.



4 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hi Peggy. Love that verse. What a day that will be when we see our blessed hope. Happy December to you.

Lisa said...

oh my goodness - that photo from your kitchen window -- brrrr! I live in Alabama so we only get a big snow about once every 10 years. We get a dusting or an inch every other year or so but it usually melts within 24 hours.

Allstarme79 said...

I always feel awkward starting conversations too but once you get me going, I'm chatty.

Kirstin said...

I love scallops wrapped in bacon.