Monday, April 25, 2011

Ramblings or Rumblings ... just not quite sure.

It's raining
It's pouring
The old man
is getting sick and tired of this weather.

Yeah, I know it doesn't match up with my other poetry ... in fact, there's no rhyme nor meter to make it work even a little bit. *sigh*

Just wanting spring to come "for real." The peepers have been driven back once ... My mom said they had to be driven back 3 times in order for it to be spring, but she lived in central NJ and I don't. I SAY they only have to be driven back once!

Warmer temps promised this week .. oh, that's right, if you have warmer temps you have to have rain! I told a friend this morning that I would settle for gray skies and dry pavement.

I'm sure all this damp and chilly weather has been the reason for my creative writing block. I can't even be funny about bad weather. Have you seen any "smileys" in this post? No. You haven't. I'm not smiling. I almost did in the 2nd paragraph, but it was replaced by a *sigh*.

I'm not posting a new poem until the sun shines warm upon my face and NO rain falls upon my fields... and until one pops into my head. That's how they happen, you know. I never really plan them. I have had a new title for one, but the words just haven't materialized ... LOL (kidding). I really didn't laugh ... but really DO have a new title waiting for inspiration.

It's most always God who inspires me in one way or another ... he uses people and nature over and over again. I say "most always" because I'm honest. Sometimes it's just me, but those poems never seem to "gel."

I believe all talent is from God. How you use it depends on you, and you can be influenced by other than Godly things. It breaks my heart to see God given talent being unused, misused or worse, abused. Everyone has talent. Ask Him what yours is and then use it for His glory. It can be life changing, mind boggling, very rewarding and will most likely make you smile :-)

Oops!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Seriously Grammy. You should be posting on this thing every day! Oh well. I don't use mine anymore cause I forgot my username and password. See you later Alligator!