Thursday, January 16, 2014

I was Right on Time and Forgot to Post!

(Cause I'm too lazy to think up my own subjects for my blog!) 



(Thanks, Joyce!)


1.  Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?

Not normally, but if I sense an injustice, I'll step right in! I can take on the best in 'verbage' :-)
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter? 

I love snow. Really, I do! I love it when it falls from the sky both in dance patterns and in heavy blanket form; love how it piles up so quickly and when I was younger, I could see the intrinsic pattern of each flake on the black sleeve of my jacket!  I love being outside in the cold, fresh air when the sun is shining - usually in late February or early March; the air has such a sweet smell after a fresh snow;  I can also smell snow before a storm hits - it's different than the smell of rain, similar to the sweet smell after it snows but more mellow. I can't smell snow squalls or flurries so it must have something to do with picking up moisture from the Atlantic Ocean, maybe?

3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried? 

I like to eat kiwi by cutting one in half and then taking my spoon and scooping out the insides as one might do a grapefruit - no mess and delicious right out of its own little bowl! I do not care for guava or pomegranate and have not tried a kumquat.

4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?

Kind of an odd way for a church to advocate truth -  I think I would not belong to a church where one is not expected to do the right thing the first time around :-/

5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland.  Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer. 

I cross country ski so they would have to accommodate my style with great trails :-)   Perhaps one of the ones in Europe and I could get in a little genealogical research, too!
6.  What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)

Ancestry hints for James Lines from Johnstone, Renfrewshire, Scotland (see 2nd half of #5)  or  if I have any substitute jobs being offered for work tomorrow - I don't remember which I did last! 

7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?

Oh, I don't know. There have been too many of them floating around Facebook for me to choose just one. Some are clever, witty, etc., but most are lame and have spelling and grammatical errors that bug me to no end!

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

I'm always to tired to have a random thought but I do love pictures :-)  My 6 year old granddaughter and I played Jenga tonight and she did very well, especially not getting upset when they tumbled down.


No comments: