Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Hodgepodge Together

From this Side of the Pond


1. What's something you resolved to do this year? Have you done it?

I decided years ago not to make any resolutions.  Still not doing it!

2. Where do you go to find quietude?

Being empty nesters and retired, it's not hard to find quietude. When I was a kid, I used to climb my apple tree and spend time with a comic book or just daydreaming.  There was also a long grassy, scooped out section of an old sand pit that I could "recline" in and do the same. When the kids were little,  I used to spend more time in the bathroom with a good book; sometimes THE  Good Book. But now, I just curl up on my side of the sofa (it's very comfy!) and read or write or think!

3. A friend asked this question on her Facebook page and said I could borrow it for the Hodgepodge...you're only allowed to buy 5 things at the grocery store, and all must start with the first letter of your first name. Whatcha' buying?

Potatoes, Pork Chops, Peanut Butter, Pasta and Pudding

4. The television show Survivor, the Gloria Gaynor song 'I Will Survive', survival mode, survival of the fittest...pick one and discuss.

Survival Mode:  This pandemic has put me in one. I've stocked the freezer with meat, breads and veggies I have prepared. I've also made "extra" and frozen them as leftovers for another day. I bought groceries ahead so I only have to do BIG shopping once a month. I don't sew well and my machine is broken so our masks are made of old T shirt fronts and backs (the size of a bandanna) and folded as seen in a video so that rubber bands hold it on over our ears. My hands are dry and somewhat chapped from all the washing and sanitizing...  I hope this is over sooner rather than later. I don't like survival mode.
5. Share a favorite quote or saying about strength.

Why do I do these things at night?  ...  "There's strength in numbers."  but we can't gather so let's pretend I didn't use that one.   OK, "Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow!"  (Great is Thy Faithfulness)

6. Insert your own random thought here.

God's got this pandemic and I was reminded just Monday that he is always with me and that includes the cookie aisle at Aldi's.  By the way, I have lost 10 pounds...and we'll give God the Glory! Hope all of our Hodgepodge Friends are keeping well.


No comments: