Friday, April 3, 2020




TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2020



HODGE PODGE, again. Thank you, Joyce!  

(link is broken to her page: www.fromthisideofthepond.com)

1. Has spring sprung in your part of the world? How can you tell? Did March come in like a lion where you live? Going out like a lamb or something more ferocious?

Spring almost sprung... then we had some snow, wind, now rain and cooler temps but it is still March...for JUST A FEW MORE HOURS!!!  I'm expecting big changes for April!  I did find green shoots of crocuses, daffodils and hyacinths peeking out of the ground. March came in mostly like a lamb, though it did get windy. I'm expecting it to go out like a lamb as well... and a bit windy.  Eh!

2. The last thing that caused you to spring to your feet?  

Sadly, it was a stomach ache and I had been sleeping soundly...  until 2:30 AM.  But all is well and it was several weeks ago.  (Obviously I have no children or pets living at home!)

3. Do you have a spring clean to-do list? What's one chore on the list you've already managed to accomplish? What spring clean chore do you most dread?

Ugh. I have a mental list. It never changes year to year. I managed to put many of my "deep winter" clothing away. You know; the bulky sweaters and fleeces and things that have snowflakes and cardinals on them :-)  The chore I dread the most is probably taking down the curtains and putting up my spring and summer ones. I'm short.

4. Tell us something you've learned about yourself or the wider world as a result of social distancing/the virus crisis.

I've learned that most people are kind and considerate. Most are following the guidelines and staying home. Most did not hoard anything, but desperately wanted to make sure their families were supplied with what they needed for the long haul. First they said 2 weeks but many people did not believe that. And they were correct. We are now going into another 4 weeks of no school or church and social distancing with groups no larger than 10 but preferred no larger than 2. Early hours at the grocery store for age 60 and over make it a little less challenging to shop.

5. Something you love that's the color pink?

Sunsets and roses. And tulips and peonies. Bleeding hearts and bubble gum.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

At least it isn't snow!  We will dry out, eventually...

No comments: