Thursday, March 10, 2011

21 Thoughts Before Bedtime

1. I've been neglecting my poetry... and my housework. Both will survive.

2. Friends are buried under 24 inches of snow up north and I felt a bit guilty with only 10; but only a little.

3. Taking a working vacation and hoping for good weather so we can enjoy a taste of spring; then headed to the beach.

4. Planning my garden and hoping to start it inside. Mustn't forget to water it.


5. Remember those 10 inches of snow? Well it's mostly about 6 inches of slush, now.


6. Remember our friends with 24 inches of snow? They have flood warnings every day.


7. Our friends are safe but their friends have a mess to clean up. Been praying for them, though I don't know them.


8. I love my husband. We were chosen for each other and our relationship is based on God's love, not our own.


9. Humans have been disappointing humans since shortly after time began but God does not disappoint!


10. I need to work extra for a few weeks to pay a dental bill. Kids, brush and floss your teeth!


11. Grownups, brush and floss your teeth and make sure your kids and YOU go to the dentist regularly!


12. Erika has a short boogie board in the garage right in plain sight that keeps reminding me of summer.


13. There are snow shoes protruding from a snowbank outside our back door reminding me that summer is a ways off. Belle's saucer is next to them just to drive the point home!


14. Working at school today, reminded me how blessed I am to have had well behaved (for the most part) children to raise. Now they are successful adults :-)


15. I am also reminded how blessed I was to have been raised by a mom and dad who thought manners were as important as breathing.


16. Thinking, how is it that God in all of His majestic splendor in Heaven would want to bother creating the likes of us... knowing full well how we would treat each other and Him as well?


17. Amazed that God, being eternal and having infinite knowledge of all that He created, chose to create me, in particular, and give me such a blessed life!


18. Grateful that our perfect God, seeking to have a relationship with us; more than just being our creator, provided a way for us to be forgiven of our sins, promised a Comforter and an everlasting life with Him!


19. Thankful that a Sunday School teacher took the time to lead me into understanding what it takes to be a true Christian; one who not only "believes" in Jesus Christ but who is trusting in His finished work at the cross.


20. Many people don't agree with me but according to God's Word if it weren't for His shed blood, there would be no forgiveness of sins.


21. My final authority is not mine but God and His Word.

2 comments:

Pamela De Leon said...

Oh Peggy, your words do a world of good today! Love the tips or reminders. Great idea. Want to know more about your garden plans!
Pam

Peggy said...

Thank you, Pam. Now my thoughts and prayers have been focused on Japan. How unbelievalbe and yet for them, it must be a never ending nightmare of fear and confusion. Praying that God will intervene in a powerful way. When he does, it will be bigger than an 8.6 earthquake and sunami that follows... Our daughter-in-law's best friend lives there but I believe is home here in the states for awhile.

About the garden. I'd like to know my plan, too! ;-)