Friday, March 25, 2011

Working Vacation (part 1)




The snow flurries are dancing past my window but the robins cheerio'ing their greeting woke me this morning. This can only mean one thing: Spring is just around the corner! I know, I know ... the calendar already says "spring" but in the north country, we must wait just a little longer. Some of our biggest snow storms have occured in March!

We have just returned from our annual "Let's find Spring!" vacation to Virginia and we weren't dissapointed. We stopped in Gettysburg, PA the first night, finding a pretty awesome sunset and sunrise the following morning.
We travelled on to Spotsylvania to spend a few days with missionary friends of ours. My husband, a long time police officer and martial arts instructor, had 3 demonstrations for their first "Home Safety Fair" and the weather was just perfect! We enjoyed our visit immensely, especially Brenda's good cooking!

No comments: