Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Wonderful Afternoon and Evening



Yesterday Mom Pitcher and I had a wonderful afternoon and evening visiting her hometown, swapping stories with her cousin, Avis, who treated us to delicous chicken salad sandwiches and then a trip to the Odyssey Book Store across from Mt. Holyoke College to meet author, Saloma Furlong.




Meeting Saloma was a special treat for me as I have been following her blog and subsequently her story that she has written and published: "Why I Left the Amish". She was exactly the way I percieved her from her writings online. I told her we are like old friends who hadn't had the chance to meet before!

I have not read her book, yet, but from the excerpts she has shared and comments on her blog, I can know without a doubt, it's not going to be your average autobigraphy! Leaving her family and the only way of life she had ever known took incredible courage and I'm going to have to stop my own story here so I can begin reading :-)




No comments: