Monday, January 21, 2013

Where Oh Where Did Christmas Go?

Well, so much for for my Thanksgiving post! I haven't a clue how time flew by so quickly, but flew it did! I stand in awe of my blogging friends who, even with babies bouncing all around, can still find the time to blog! Christmas has come and gone with nice memories of family gatherings; celebrating with newly engaged Kelsey and Steve! Christmas Cantata performed at Sacandaga Bible Conference that complemented their superb banquet; choral selections that enhanced a wonderful program on Christmas Eve; and one of my favorite things of the season...celebrating my husband's birthday! Every time his birthday rolls around, his mom and I get together and figure out what funny thing we can do to his cake that hasn't already been done :-) In the past we have decorated with simple things like a tiny level on top of a dancing Santa's head...to commemorate the occasion of Bill getting knocked out while helping a friend build a stockade fence...long story, funny, now, hahahaha! Oh, and there's the time we put lots of little deer all over the cake and Bill had to figure out which one was "Robo Bambi"...which was easy, 'cause just like the decoy deer for work (as the game warden) it had an antenna and it's poor little head was almost off. (The robot decoy because of an illegal hunter, the decoration because of a very sharp knife!] Let's not forget all those little deer who made a return appearance to thank the gamewarden for all his hard work the year he retired...who couldn't figure out what the tag on the back of his jacket was for ...and why he was carrying a rifle hahahaha! I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh so hard at my own jokes but this stuff has been going on for almost as many years as we have been married! This year was more cute than funny. There was a long legged snowman holding an open Bible and a congregation of reindeer and gingerbread men :-) You see, Bill will be a guest preacher for a local church for the rest of winter and part of the spring. I am very excited for him as he loves the Lord very much and cares deeply for these people! I had the opportunuty to go with him this past Sunday since my choir at our home church was on a break. I'll get to join him about once a month. Well, that's the excitement from this neck of the woods. I would have posted a picture of his cute little cake, but all those candles made it one big blur =-O I'm adding a sentence because I see that this appears to be all one paragraph, complements of Android. *sigh*

No comments: