Monday, November 8, 2010

First Snow

The first snow is always exciting, and though it did not really accumulate on the ground, it was certainly pretty as it fell! It would be a lot prettier if it had not been accompanied by sleet and rain, first! The roads were not too bad, so I traveled a bit to have supper with Bill; ham and potaoto soup and a ham sandwich on walnut bread :-) Delicious! Bill was working for the Sheriff's dept. though and was kept busy investigation accidents most of the afternoon and evening. He finally got to the country store where I had finished my supper, but he got to enjoy his.

I really need to make my own soups; It's not like I have to go to work every day! The first on my list is Hamburg Chowder. I'll make enough to freeze some, too. I'm going to try a beef stew and freeze that, too. It's soup/stew weather. Snow flakes and all ...

Another great give-a-away from one of my favorite bloggers, Mary Ann from: http://ajoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/2010/11/giveaway.html If my name comes up in her ranodm drawing, I will definitely enjoy reading this book! I love pioneer type stories and since this pioneer woman and her family was friends with Mary Ann's grandmother, well, that just makes it even more special!

2 comments:

The imPerfect Housewife said...

I am so happy you popped by my blog! Yes, the first snowfall is the BEST. I work part-time but the thing I miss most of all when I work is being home when it's yucky out. I always say on Sundays I'm going to make some soup and let it sit on the stove all day. Do I?? Of course not, but maybe one of these days... I have that book that MaryAnn is giving away on her blog - I hope you win, you'll really enjoy it ~ ♥

Covnitkepr1 said...

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.