Friday, November 12, 2010

Indian Summer and Thankfulness

We have had 2 days of 50+ degrees and SUNSHINE! I didn't get much done the first day, but today I managed to clean out the car; trim 3 small trees, two lilac bushes, and cut down the goldenrod that grew along the side of the garage (it was pretty when it was yellow ... but it isn't yellow any longer!) I raked out the flower beds, transplanted 5 pots of chrysanthemums and had my hands so dirty, I was not able to ge them clean when by the time we went to prayer meeting! I have garden gloves... can't stand to wear them.

We also put a pump in the water that has collected on the cover of the pool. We've had so much rain, that the sides of the cover were almost slipping over the edge of the pool! We have 3 pillows in it, too. I'm hoping we can switch to snow, which will blow off more quickly than water can evaporate :-)

Getting my thoughts together for Thanksgiving; thinking of cooking a small dinner this year as we are not sure who will be here. We always have a big breakfast and that seems to be a big hit. Here's my thought: Big breakfast, small dinner, Big dessert. If they come, they can eat if they don't, there's always leftovers!

Things I'm thankful for: First and foremost, my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ and His saving grace! My husband, helpmeet, soulmate, chosen and delivered by God himself to my front door 37 years ago! Long story ... quite comical, I may share it some day. My children and their families.

Thankfulness to be cont'd ...

No comments: