Monday, November 1, 2010

Which is Worse .. Halloween or the Elections?

Halloween, with it's very un Christian practices has come and gone. If it were just a children's fun thing to do .. gathering candy while wearing costumes, it would be ok; but it isn't. Nuff said.

The "mid-term" elections are almost here. I can not tell you how grateful I will be when it's over. The phone calls, the nasty ads on TV, the stuff in my mail box ... I am so discouraged by politics, especially this year in the great state of NY. I don't want to vote for governor because I do not like anyone running .. and there are 7 of them!! I could complain but ....

Our pastor gave a one liner just before our prayer time this past Sunday that felt like a special little slap ... I can't quote him, but basicaly he said: 'Our God is in control, regarless of who wins these elections ... therefore there is no need for you to be pessimistic...."

We love our pastor! I wish he would run for governor ... he's honest, intelligent, genuinely loves all people. He hates sin, spells out salvation to all who will listen, believes the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, and preaches to this effect. Of course, if became governor, he would no longer be our pastor .. so I won't push the issue :)

Thinking of the Reformation era martyrs on this November 1st. Quite a rough road for those who believed as I do now, back in the 1500 and 1600's. For some the road led to certain death, but this was not unnoticed by our God.

My pretty little maple tree in the front yard is still pretty. The last to turn color, I get to keep it right into November or unitl the first killing frost. I should post a picture .. let's see if I have one....NOPE! I'll have to change that.

Time to catch up on some favorite blogs .. catch you later!

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd